Health Insurance

Every foreign student is obliged to purchase health insurance. EU/EEA citizens should possess the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

For Non-EU/EEA students it is highly recommended to sign a health insurance agreement with the Polish National Health Fund (monthly rate - PLN 46.80) or with a private medical centre. There are no exceptions to this rule in accordance with the ordinance of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of October 12, 2006, Art.1, Point 2, Section 3, on foreigners undertaking or continuing studies and participating in scientific research and training.


Gothaer - Health Insurance for Foreign Students 

Gothaer offers health insurance to foreign students, yet it only covers accidents, e.g. a broken leg. The cost is PLN 641 with treatment up to 30,000 Euro.

If you would like to buy this insurance, please visit the Students Union (room RA 52, Sucharskiego St.  in Rzeszów). We are open every Friday from 11 a.m. – 13 p.m. till the end of November. Don’t forget your passport, student card and cash. Once you buy the insurance, your treatment in hospital is fully covered .The only thing you need to do is to inform the hospital about your insurance. 


All materials contained on this site are solely for the
information purposes and does not contain an offer within the meaning of article 66 of Civil Code.